starting strength gym

Thread: PPST #2 should I buy it?

Default PPST #2 should I buy it?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I have starting strength #2 and PPST #1. For those that have the PPST2, is it worth buying for the extra info? I guess it mainly has additional templates?

FYI: I'm an intermediate level lifter training primarily for strength while maintaining a reasonable physique.

Thanks,

In my opinion, it's worth buying the second edition:

1. Although the changes are not as extensive as the change b/t Starting Strength 1 & 2, there is more than just the addition of templates.

2. It's not that expensive.

3. The new book may give you new reasons to read the material, and you may absorb ideas that didn't sink in the first time.

I have the 1st edition and I purchased the 2nd. No regrets here. well worth the price.

Sure you should buy it. It's a nice way to repay Rip for all of the time that he spends here answering questions :-)

I'm glad I bought it even though I already had the 1st edition. Now I can loan the 1st edition out.

Default 2nd ed is good

I own PP 1st ed. A friend of mine bought 2nd ed. and let me borrow it for a while. Now I'm considering to buy it, even though I've read it.

Key points: Much better on clarity with respect to many of the repeating questions in the forum, important new training facts in several chapters, and very illustrative new programming examples
    Last edited by Tenbagger; 11-09-2009 at 06:18 PM.

I knew this forum would be a little biased, but I was pretty much planning to buy it anyway. Guess everyone pushed me over the edge. Thanks!

You should get it. Mark's done a great job revising certain key issues. Plus, the charts in the back are really great at clearing up any questions about forming an intermediate program.

starting strength coach development program
    Yeah, this forum would be biased.

Objectively, there were a lot of things in the first edition that needed to be modified because they were not entirely accurate. The content was combed through pretty thoroughly to make sure that it scientifically made sense, and there was a lot of elaboration on some fuzzy ideas. The images were updated too.

It just makes a better overall product if you're paying attention to the little details.