starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gian's Training Log

Default Gian's Training Log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I started the Onus Wendsler program on October 12th. I'm 24 years old, 6'2 and 202 pounds. I don't know what my bodyfat percentage is, but I have a 32" waist and despite my efforts can still see my abs. Eating enough has been the greatest challenge so far. At this point, my workset weights are:

Squat - 255
    Deadlift - 375
    Power Clean - 175
    Press - 130
    Bench - 200
    Chins - +35

It's been interesting so far. I'm happy with my gains but I know that if I don't start eating big I'm going to stall prematurely. I'm hoping to crack 225 by Christmas.

20+ pounds by Christmas is a good goal - I'm going to shoot for the same. Good luck and good eating.

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    20+ pounds by Christmas is a good goal - I'm going to shoot for the same. Good luck and good eating.
    Thanks dude, good luck to you as well.

11/13

Squat: 3x5x260
    Press: 3x5x135
    Power Clean: 5x3x180

weight: 204

Are you following GOMAD? It works

Good luck with your 225!

Squat: 3x5x265
    Bench: 3x5x205
    Back Ext.: 5x10 +75
    Chins: 5,5,3 +40

Weight: 201

Satisfied with my lifts, irritated and slightly dismayed with my weight. I ate heavily all weekend and lost three pounds. I think from here on out I'll be logging my eating, as it's proving to be a greater challenge than the lifting.

Breakfast:
    Six eggs, two pieces wheat toast, one cup milk, one cup OJ

Lunch:
    Two country fried steaks, green beans, chicken breast, three cups chocolate milk

Post Workout:
    Three cookies, three HB eggs, 1/2 gallon milk, two Suzy-Q's

Dinner:
    Two big bowls red beans, rice and sausage, 24 oz. Becks
    Last edited by GianMilano; 11-17-2009 at 09:23 AM.

Did you have any lifting experience before you started on Rippetoe's program? I ask because Im 2 weeks into starting strength and don't see myself approaching the numbers youre putting up after 1 month.

Wow, those are nice numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by GianMilano View Post

Satisfied with my lifts, irritated and slightly dismayed with my weight. I ate heavily all weekend and lost three pounds. I think from here on out I'll be logging my eating, as it's proving to be a greater challenge than the lifting.

Breakfast:

Lunch:
    Two country fried steaks, green beans, chicken breast, three cups chocolate milk

Post Workout:

Haven't had dinner yet, I'll tack that on later.
    If you are training hard and losing weight you are not eating enough. You are training right...Eat More

There looks like some big gaps between your meals that you could fill with something cold and white

u are adding weight to the bar so your eating can't be that bad. if you really weren't eating enough you'd be stalling as well as not adding weight to the bar.

as you know, weight can fluctuate day to day for a variety of reasons. that said, take JC's advice and drink more milk between meals if you think the calories are lagging.

great lifting by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by GianMilano View Post

Breakfast:

Lunch:

Post Workout:

Haven't had dinner yet, I'll tack that on later.

starting strength coach development program
    To answer some questions, I lifted for about two weeks before starting Rip's program. I was doing a 20-squat routine with light weight and some misc. accessory lifts. I've lifted in the past on and off, and I was a three-sport athlete in high school, swimmer and golfer at different points in college. I've always been slender, never had a chubby phase, and thought of myself as a hardgainer. Obviously that's bullshit, but for one reason or another it's been hard to add weight. I don't really like eating carby, fatty foods, but it's necessary, so I will do it. The so-called "Dirty Bulk" officially starts now. So far today, I've had:

2 Honey Buns (600 cal per)
    1/2 gallon whole milk (1200)

I feel disgusting, but that's 2400 calories, so fuck it. One of the things I've realized is that the lifting is only part of the challenge. I'm trying to look at eating as just another tough lift that I have to grind through. On the same note, it should get easier to eat as I eat more. I'll add what else I eat later. Thanks dudes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast