starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlifts - Form Check

Default Deadlifts - Form Check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Another Starting Strength newbie. Started about a week ago. I have had sort of lordosis so I try not to overarch my back during the lifts. Please let me know what can I do improve my deadlifts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK_hWGz83MU

Thanks,
    Abgo

Default Lordosis?

Lordosis not apparent; rather a rounded back, especially on the way down. Knees not very involved in the lift.

I think you will find it easier on heavier weights if you create a hard valsalva, raise your chest and squeeze it in between your arms before you pull from the floor. This should extend your back and lower your hips a little bit.

You´re standing up between the reps? And; are your pointing too much out?

Based on what I know, I think you should look down more (spot on floor 10' in front of you), lower your hips a little, drive your legs to start the pull, and keep the bar on your legs for the whole lift. I may be seeing things, but there seems to be a little outward drift at the beginning of the pull.

This is fairly uneducated advice. See what the more informed people have to say and go from there. By the way, cool basement. It reminds me of the one we had when I was a kid. Gotta love the concrete and metal support poles.

Thanks for the replies, guys!

Tenbagger - I meant to say that I had lordosis in the past because of overarching back constantly now I try to counter that in my lifts, which is probably why I am rounding the back.

GianMilano - I noticed that I was looking up a bit too much, which probably kills my legs use because of the weird angle. Thanks for complement about basement. Its unfinished, as you would have noticed, but works out ok for my needs, currently.

I will incorporate your suggestions and put another video later.