starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Gday Rip,

Thanks for the feedback on the press.

Heres the 3rd set of my squats at 102.5kg. Would be grateful for your feedback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59u8SczLh5A

I can't see anything wrong at all. Nice set.

Isn't he a bit high on some of the reps?

Looks from here like he breaks parallel on all of them. In a perfect world they'd all be as deep as the last 2, but overall it was a good set.

It's interesting i've have been experimenting with exactly the right place to catch the stretch reflex where it feels most powerful , wether it is just a tad below parralel (as some of the reps were) or solidly deep like the last couple. Not to say each of those questionable ones were my exact purpose, I'll be much happier when I have enough squatting experience that they look basically the same each time.

Now that i have a reference that the last 2 looked best i will keep it in mind to aim for that. I think i kept my knees out better on those as well and got the adductors and all involved better.

Thanks again Rip.

Thank Travelgirl. She's the one with the good eyes.

Roland are your shoes the Adidas Adistars with the metal thingy in the soles? Those are so sexy...

starting strength coach development program
    Yeh those are the ones. Although with the deadlifts they feel a little high and i find it hard to get my weight back as some other people have been saying in other threads, thinking of ordering the new rogues as they seem lower than these. Planning on posting up the form check first though and get everyones opinion.

Anyone know the comparison in height between the 2? Rogue lists a height, but addidas doesnt seem to.