I wanted to expand the neoprene knee and elbow sleeve discussion to the neoprene waist band topic based on some information I found and my personal experience.

Before going into the neoprene waist band topic, here is interesting information on the Vulkan knee/elbow sleeves that I believe relates to the neoprene waist band, as well.

"The Effect of the Vulkan Neoprene Sleeve on a Slow and Fast Eccentric Control". http://www.mobilis.co.uk/physiotherapy/story-1452-vulkan-works-with-uclan-for-stability-study-including-thermal-imaging.aspx

This more than likely applies to most neoprene sleeve brands. The use of sleeves leads "...to increased blood flow and faster injury recovery. The study also found that the support had a significant effect on the control of the knee, vital for injury prevention."

What I find it interesting that people purchase knee and elbow sleeves to increase warmpth and circulation to those areas, and provide them with faster recovery. Yet they neglect to purchase a waist band for another vurnerable area, the lower back.

I use a neoprene waist band, as well as the sleeves. I "feel" that the waist band also leads "to increase blood flow and faster recovery" for my lower back, be it from an injury or a hard training session.

Kenny Croxdale