3x5 Squat
    3x5 Bench Press
    1x5 Deadlift

Wokrout B.
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Press
    5x3 Power Clean
    3xMax Reps Chin-Up/Pull-Up

Since I added the Chins/Pull-Ups I am not quite sure if that would still go as the Starting Strength Program, but maybe that's just semantics.

I Progressed as follows:
    Squat 158.7lbs (72kg) -> 207.2lbs (94kg)
    Bench Press 119lbs (54kg) -> 141.1lbs (64kg)
    Deadlift 198.4lbs (90kg) -> 242.5lbs (110kg)
    Press 92.6lbs (42kg) -> 112.4lbs (51kg)
    Power Clean 110.2lbs (50kg) -> 132.3lbs (60kg)
    Chin-Ups 7-5-4 -> 9-7-4
    Pull-Ups 6-5-3 -> 7-6-4

In the last week the squat felt very very heavy and my body just felt like shit the whole week. When looking at my numbers I knew I couldn't be anywhere near the end of the novice phase.

So I guess my question is where could I have fucked it up?
    Do the Chins/Pull-Ups distort the recovery?
    Did I progress too fast, could it be my form or is it just not enough food and sleep?
    I drink 3 liters of milk a day and try to eat as much as I can, but sometimes I get a little sloppy with that.
    I guess at 6'5" and about 211lbs it is the eating.
    But being not that experienced in training yet I didn't want to risk anything, so maybe you could tell me what is possibly wrong or if I just have suck it up and do my squats, or if I just need to eat more.

Thank you in advance, especially for your great Book. (Any info on wheen PP 2nd Ed. will be available in Europe, since I don't have a credit card?)

How old are you?

at 6'5" and 211 pounds, I'd bet a month's salary you are not eating enough to support continued gains.

how much body weight did you gain the first month?

Are you eating? Sleeping enough? Are you engaged in any outside activities? Do you have symptoms resembling illness?

Quote Originally Posted by misspelledgeoff View Post
    at 6'5" and 211 pounds, I'd bet a month's salary you are not eating enough to support continued gains.

how much body weight did you gain the first month?
    he shouldn't have to eat at a surplus to get well past where he currently is with his lifts. maybe he is incredibly unlucky and was genetically shafted, but most likely there are other factors or there's nothing wrong and the weight is just becoming meaningful. he didn't say he was stalling anywhere, just that the squats were hard.

pkmg, add weight to the bar and keep going. if you miss reps multiple days in a row soon, then start worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by milesdyson View Post
    he shouldn't have to eat at a surplus to get well past where he currently is with his lifts. maybe he is incredibly unlucky and was genetically shafted, but most likely there are other factors or there's nothing wrong and the weight is just becoming meaningful. he didn't say he was stalling anywhere, just that the squats were hard.

pkmg, add weight to the bar and keep going. if you miss reps multiple days in a row soon, then start worrying.
    You can always read this for a boost.
    http://70sbig.com/content/do_hard_things.pdf

Like several of the folks here have mentioned, eating and sleeping are the first things to scrutinize. Answer this, though: how many times a week are you deadlifting?

-Stacey

I am 22.
    Looking back I think you are right: not eating and sleeping enough.
    I train 3 times a week and deadlift every other workout.
    I will repeat the last workout (I took some days off) and keep adding weight to the bar. Maybe I should only add 1kg on the Bench and Press instead of 2kg.
    Thank you for your replies.

Quote Originally Posted by pkmg View Post
    I train 3 times a week and deadlift every other workout.
    You will not be able to deadlift this way for much longer. This means, right now, that some weeks you are deadlifting twice in a week. Assuming this isn't the case for you yet, you will soon need to deadlift only once per week due to recovery issues--say on Wednesday--only doing one heavy workset of 5 reps.

-S.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by nisora33 View Post
    You will not be able to deadlift this way for much longer. This means, right now, that some weeks you are deadlifting twice in a week. Assuming this isn't the case for you yet, you will soon need to deadlift only once per week due to recovery issues--say on Wednesday--only doing one heavy workset of 5 reps.

-S.
    He's 'only' at 115% of BW or so at the moment. I'd say he's got a few more weeks at every other day, no?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast