starting strength gym
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: raw isn't war

Default raw isn't war

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    This is my journal. I am skinny fat at 190 lbs or so, I train twice a week and don't squat, barbell bench, deadlift or powerclean but I do quite a lot of rows. You can basically say what you like about me and I won't beat you up because none of my strength is functional. On the bright side my best lifts in the 181 class were 629/303/501 in multi/single/raw respectively which is quite good. Sadly the best total I could do was the latter two with a 606 squat On the even brighter side I won't be in such a metrosexual weight class again unless I go there to break a fairly significant record which is only likely if I stop being so weak, so gaining weight we are!

I am currently working out (training is the wrong word) for a raw powerlifting charity competition where I will probably lift in the 220s because I don't care enough to cut weight. After that I might do strongman or something because that is cool.

This will be a fun brain exercise in converting kilos to lbs

Good times in the gym today

BTN push press, 176 for 10 singles, difficulty varied throughout depending on my timing. Some flew up some were ground out.

Low incline dumbbells, 77s for 8,8,7

Didn't feel like barbell pressing so I did one arm DBs with 44s for 8 and 7 reps

Triceps with 18 kg DBs, 5x10

Abs 3x10

I've been ill the last few days so strength is down a bit

Block pulls from mid shin
    worked up to 484, couldn't even get one rep lol, backed off with my tail between my legs to 429 and got 5 pretty hard reps.

Barbell rows
    220 for a rest pause set of 10+6+4. This seems like a good way to do rows, or indeed any exercise if
    A. you only have 45 minutes to train or
    B. you have such world beating fitness that it takes you two hours to do a 45 minute workout.

2 sets of 10 BW chinups

2 sets of dumbbell curls
    50 x 8
    34 x 15
    these numbers are made up.

While I have resigned myself to the fact that my arms will never be as huge as Rip's, they are getting pretty big. Think Phil Heath or Ronnie Coleman.

Finished off with single leg presses and glute bridges. Ghey.

This is how Mariusz Pudzianowski would be ill.

My friend Brown Bear Sandhu has made a KK tribute video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYt7H-pzEe4

Nun, I really think you should take a look at this graph from Science and Practice of Strength Training by Vladimir Zatsiorsky. Also published in Supertraining by Dr Mel Siff. It is an analysis of the effects of lifters who have removed squatting from their training.

Christ, I'll start squatting again if it means that much to you. I should probably train for this meet anyway, really. Of course I've still got a runny nose so I will need about 8 months to recover.

Chicken fajitas are just amazing compared to chicken that isn't in a fajita. It's like the difference between egg fried rice and regular rice, or getting a new car and getting AIDS.

Smack you jackass shrink that image, or just post the link. I don't want to have to scroll sideways to read my own training log.

starting strength coach development program
    Or we can just spam my log into a fresh page.

Here is a picture of what happened to my car one time when I went to the gym to squat.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast