starting strength gym

Thread: Starting Strength mishap

Default Starting Strength mishap

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So I finished warming up my squats today, and on the third rep of the first working set, my nose started bleeding. I racked it right away and ran to get tissues so I didn't get blood all over my college's nice squat rack. By the time I had THOUGHT that it stopped bleeding, I went to do the second set, and by the fourth rep blood started coming out again, so I just stopped squatting, cuz I couldn't squat without a river of blood flowing out of my nostrils.

I went and did my benching and deadlifting for the day without any nosebleed problems, then decided to try to squat, but was way too tired after the deadlift.

So my question is this: Should I squat my 3x5 tomorrow (Saturday, as I will have Sunday to recover), or should I just call it a wash and go for 320 3x5 again on Monday?
    Last edited by ScooterLibby; 12-11-2009 at 09:41 PM.

if it were my body, i'd wait until Monday. for me, 320 is heavy enough to warrant a little extra rest. for you it may be light weight.

I'd wait until Monday too. Getting your cardiovascular system to adapt to heavy training is all part of the goal. Your nose bled, preventing you from finishing the lift. I'd count that as a fail. Just reattempt on Monday.

I hope you got video.

It could also just be dry weather from winter. I've noticed that my nose has been bleeding in the last few weeks from the cold dry weather we've had. I've had the humidifier running the last few days.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Sami View Post
    I hope you got video.
    Of me bleeding all over the place? No such video exists, as nothing was recording and I stopped one rep short of painting the squat rack red