starting strength gym

Thread: Holiday Training Schedules

Default Holiday Training Schedules

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'm a SS noob. I've been having good results with linear progression so far.

The problem i'm having is my scheduling for the holidays. I really don't want to just take a week off because it will slow my progress. Yeah, i'm impatient.

I typically work out on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. I was wondering if switching to a workout schedule of 2 days between each session would still allow me to progress without losing any strength? For example, my workouts would be on Friday, Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday. After that week I would resume my normal schedule.

I came back last week from my 2 days off feeling a LOT stronger than before, but I wonder if taking 2 days off between every workout will have the same affect.

yeah i doubt seriously this minor scheduling change will have a negative effect. in fact, as you mentioned, it might help you lift a bit more as you'll be better recovered.

Yeah, should be fine. Rest is very important; remember that you can always eat more to help your recovery out as well.