starting strength gym

Thread: Some Scenarios

Default Some Scenarios

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    1) A 170-lb untrained man:

a) consumes 5000 kcals/day, but doesn't squat. What happens?
    b) squats religiously, but refuses to eat more than 2200 kcals/day. What happens?
    c) squats religiously and consumers 5000 kcals/day. What happens?

2) A 500-lb man--5'10", morbidly obese with 80% bodyfat and who rides a Medicare-provided Rascal--buys Starting Strength...

...I have no idea what's supposed to happen next...

Help.

fucking troll.

lol, just kidding.

hey how did you get the sweet custom member name, Money?

I'll leave the answers to your questions to more sober minds. I'm about 3 sheets presently.

a. gets stronger
    b.gets even stronger
    c. gets even even stronger

Quote Originally Posted by misspelledgeoff View Post
    fucking troll.

lol, just kidding.

hey how did you get the sweet custom member name, Money?

I'll leave the answers to your questions to more sober minds. I'm about 3 sheets presently.
    Yeah, I just noticed my new member name too. It is pretty frickin' sweet. It's either because I've posted a few thousand times or for a reason that I hope will become clear to all sometime next week.

I'm a little drunk off nutrients myself. Pigged out today to make up for the cutting I was doing for this meet that was not to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Gibson View Post
    1) A 170-lb untrained man:

a) consumes 5000 kcals/day, but doesn't squat. What happens?
    b) squats religiously, but refuses to eat more than 2200 kcals/day. What happens?
    c) squats religiously and consumers 5000 kcals/day. What happens?

2) A 500-lb man--5'10", morbidly obese with 80% bodyfat and who rides a Medicare-provided Rascal--buys Starting Strength...

...I have no idea what's supposed to happen next...

Help.
    Can I play?

a) no squat AND no other exercise? - becomes the man in #2
    b) sleeps 12+ hours a day in order to grow
    c) becomes a god

2) eats it.

I'm only asking because we just had a 100-post thread on caloric intake and the squat and the appropriateness of GOMAD and hyper-caloric diets for newbies with varying predispositions of partitioning calories to fat or muscle.

B gets muscular but not as strong as C.
    How fat do you want to be in order to keep progressing on the squat thats the question really..

#2 signs up on the Starting Strength boards and trolls about how Starting Strength made him fat.

starting strength coach development program
    1)

a) Quickly becomes a ~350 pound man. Since fat itself has a metabolic cost, if he truly wants to become a 500 pound hero, he's going to have to add a couple gallons of ice cream to his breakfast and dinner.

b) He becomes a 165 pound broken shell of a man who pours an ocean of tears into the internet as he gets weaker and weaker.

c) He gets fat at the start of the journey, but after about four or five months he fills out and he's ginormous enough to flip over SUVs.

2)

a) The man decides to STOP EATING so much until he can stand up. Then he re-evaluates his life, and decides he was happier not having to walk everywhere.

b) The man enters the scooter derby and takes first prize.

c) The man tries to do The Program, but falls out of his scooter and dies of dehydration before he can starve into man 2-a.

... Have you guys ever read one of those news stories of those people who are super fat and live and die in a chair? It awes me, I always go "why is the ______ still feeding that thing?! It's not their stomach that's in pain because it isn't stretched out to the max."

Probably too weak to ignore the whining.