starting strength gym

Thread: I can still squat...

Default I can still squat...

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Rotator Cuff sore as fuck. No real strength in a few positions of my right shoulder. Shit. My clumsy ass slipped on some ice and pow. Fuck. Anyway, range of movement getting slowly better and less painfull (today I can press with a broomstick)and I can still pin myself under the bar and do squats. No real pain in that position thank Christ. Looks like it's time for a involuntary Solomov considering I cant really do anything else. Any experience with this from you gentleman? Just pissed and needing to vent. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ZKP View Post
    Rotator Cuff sore as fuck. No real strength in a few positions of my right shoulder. Shit. My clumsy ass slipped on some ice and pow. Fuck. Anyway, range of movement getting slowly better and less painfull (today I can press with a broomstick)and I can still pin myself under the bar and do squats. No real pain in that position thank Christ. Looks like it's time for a involuntary Solomov considering I cant really do anything else. Any experience with this from you gentleman? Just pissed and needing to vent. Thanks.
    Gary Gibson's your man. PM him if he doesn't respond.

-S.

Give it a day or two, keep the limb in as much full ROM on resisted motion as you can that has you NOT moving into the pain thresh hold. try and go a bit further at al; times in largeing the are that is pain free. Ice rest plenty of intake, NSAIDS as needed. If you know a good soft tissue therapist go get it worked on.

No need to get excited and take drastic measures like change your whole training plan. Its just a bit of Fibromangina acting up rest it a few days and slowly move back to what you were prior.

Thanks Guys(phil, nis). Made a new squat 5rm today, but pain pain pain. Went to the Chiropractor and had a electric treatment. Said it was a sprain or strain. We'll see. Plenty of rest. Ice, etc. Wish me luck. Shouldn't de-train too much in a week,or so...the hard part will be letting it rest
    Last edited by ZKP; 12-22-2009 at 01:04 PM.