starting strength gym

Thread: Thank you Rip

Default Thank you Rip

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I have revamped my squat from the "drive with the chest" type of squat to Rip's neutral spine squat and the results speak for themselves.

I am squatting more weight and more weight with consistent excellent depth than I have ever done unequipped. I used to get buried in the hole with weights that I use for reps now - I would always lift my chest and end up doing a modified good morning squat. I now squat 100% raw (no belt, suit or wraps) and have set 2009 Wisconsin, National and World records using Rip's squat technique. I'm training for the unequipped March 2010 Arnold Classic Powerlifting meet and I will be good for a 250-260 raw squat.

It was a bit funny at the World competition when the head judge pulled me aside and told me I would lift more if I would look up when squatting.

I assisted a lifter at the Nationals that had missed her opening squat (and her second attempt if I remember correctly) and was understandably upset that she might be out of the meet if she failed the next attempt. I asked her if she would like a tip and I showed her Rip's "hands on hips/look up and look down" squat demonstration and she took it to heart. She did look down that final attempt and made the squat weight that she had already missed twice.

Thank you Rip.

And don't forget that a women with a finely developed squat arse is a fine woman indeed.

Always a pleasure to have a woman powerlifter on the board.