starting strength gym

Thread: Christmas Squats

Default Christmas Squats

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I found SS a few months ago and decided to commit to the program for 12 weeks (started on Nov. 16). Bought the book and have been reading these forums every night to learn, get motivated, and occasionally have a good laugh. I'm only 6 weeks in but I feel like I've reached an important milestone in terms of being halfway to my original goal of 12 weeks. Also, it's Christmas and I'm feeling a bit giddy.

I am starting to become infatuated with squats. I'm afraid I might fall head over heels in love, if I'm not careful. I want to thank Rip and all you crazy folks who share in this passion and have helped to make this forum so interesting and informative.

Intensity. That's the word that best describes the way I feel about this whole endeavor. Squats are fucking intense. Wonderfully, palpably intense. I think my perspective on life is starting to shift as a result of lifting these damn weights. Three days a week, I feel as if I'm putting the weight of the whole damn world on my shoulders. Descending into that full-depth squat is like embarking on a trip to the seventh ring of hell. But you damn well know that you have to grind your way back out of there.

That's all I wanted to say. If squats were a chick I would probably write her a love letter and then go and jerk myself off. This is my love letter to squats, and I'll end it at that. Merry Christmas.

I know how you feel. Really.

Im now using that as a signature.

If squats where a chick I would kill her, eat her brains and steal her knowledge...

Quote Originally Posted by ZKP View Post
    If squats where a chick I would kill her, eat her brains and steal her knowledge...
    But then you'd be left with Front Squats and she's a bitch. This'll cause you to cheat on her with OHS who'll do your head in, especially as she gets fatter.

I should elaborate, Front Squats are a bitch for making you keep your back completely erect at all time. Sometimes a man's gotta rest and go limp, do you know what I am saying?

Just wanted to add that when I squat, sometimes I...

...in my pants.

starting strength coach development program
    I got up at 5am to squat this Christmas. She is a cruel temptress that has you coming back for more!