starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Check

Default Squat Check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0ArvJyhxRY

265 x 5.

On reps 2 and 3, my ass is divebombing like it's trying to extinguish a fire below. My knees look like they're shifting forwards on the later reps, although I'm not sure on how lax you are towards this.

Depth is right at parallel except for the last rep that one is about an inch or two high. You could stand to go down a little slower. I think it's the extra speed that is causing you to close down your knee angle and "catch" the weight. Your first rep looked pretty solid but as you got faster the forward knee travel got more pronounced. Your first rep was also your're smoothest because you actually had your hams engaged for more of the lift and there wasn't as dramatic a transition betweens hams and quads at the top.

For the second I thought you were the squatter in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Nauticus View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0ArvJyhxRY

265 x 5.

On reps 2 and 3, my ass is divebombing like it's trying to extinguish a fire below. My knees look like they're shifting forwards on the later reps, although I'm not sure on how lax you are towards this.
    More hip drive. Look down.

And yes, too much knee drift. You know what to do.

-Stacey

I was worried Rip was thinking the same thing when he first saw this. This has actually happened before - some guy posted a video where a half-squatter was shown at the beginning and confusion ensued. I posted it originally in the Q&A but it was redirected here. Just as well.