starting strength gym

Thread: Blue Rehband Knee Sleeve Sizing

Default Blue Rehband Knee Sleeve Sizing

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    The sizing chart has Medium as 33-36 and Large as 36-39.

My knee measures 36. Should I go for the large or medium. I feel my legs still have some growing to do.

I'm inclined to go for the large so they are not too tight, but at the same time I don't want them sloppy loose.

Thanks for the help guys!

I had the same concern when I bought my Rehband blues in August of 2008.

I ended up getting both the mediums and the larges. The mediums I use all the time right now. Back when my knee was really, really injured, I'd slip the larges over the mediums for extra support (and that did give me a couple more pounds, but without it I probably wouldn't have been able to squat much at all at the time because my MCL was so wobbly and the entire knee capsule pretty banged up).

Now I just used tlhe mediums, but the larges are there waiting for me when my thighs get a bigger (which is happening right now on my latest run with volume; the mediums are getting noticeably tighter as my thighs rapidly increase in circumference).

I may get the smalls for competition because they WILL give me an extra 5-10 pounds when tight and not broken in. Yeah, this is "raw", but a competitor takes whatever advantage he can within the bounds of the rules. The smalls would be the equivalent of a "meet fit" tight bench shirt. (For the record, I hate the term "raw" because it connotes "naked"; I'd rather call it "limited gear"...because I think it's ALL gear. And I also don't see the problem with knee wraps in raw, and most federations agree with that viewpoint.)

Thanks Gary! The guys over at Jackal's are recommending the Large if I think my legs are going to grow. I want them comfortable enough to wear for my entire workout while still adding a little support.

Your article on gear really changed my mind on several things. Thanks!

I had the same question but at a different size. My knee measured 42 cm which is right on the border of xl and xxl. I went with the xxl since my thighs are kind of big (29 in). I figure my legs are still growing and I'm looking mainly for warmth and a little support. They were very comfortable. I liked them better than my previous TK Bands although they were 3 times more expensive than the TK Bands.

Thanks Webbie, that was my thinking too. I think you both have helped me here!

I have a belt on order from Elite FTS, and will be ordering the knee sleeves this week. Now I just need some shoes. I'm waiting for Rogue to release the new shoes Rip helped design. If they aren't available by mid January I will just get the 2010 Rogue's instead.