starting strength gym

Thread: train today or tomorrow

Default train today or tomorrow

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    should I train today, with the kg plates following the strict incremental increases, which would be 2 days in a row.

or

train tomorrow, with lb plates, throwing off the numbers a bit, but tossing in a day of rest as it seems there should be.

???

this next session is supposed to be squats - 85 kg, bench 60 kg, and deadlift 140 kg. this equals about squat - 187, bench - 132, and deads - 308 when converted to pounds.

the smallest jumps i can make at home are 5 lbs until i get some smaller plates...

Eat like hell today. Lift tomorrow. JMO

Or lift today and eat like hell tomorrow (and today).

If you trained yesterday, rest today. The little difference in weight should be less of a problem than going in not fully recovered.

Or lift today and tomorrow and eat like hell while it's light out and stand on your head drinking milk at night on a swiss ball. That would be three days in a row and if two day's are better than three are better still...... Two day's in a row aren't really necessary now. Slight jumps of a pound or two are great but not at the expense of the fundamental principles. Give yourself time and building blocks to adapt. More is not better, better is better.

probably best i guess to wait until tomorrow. this leaves me with another quandry...

do i round up or down for weights tomorrow???

if i round down, that puts me at s/b/d - 185/130/305, with the next session of each movement being 192.5/137.5/319, or round up to 190/135/310.

i'm thinking round up so the next jump won't be so large, though it makes this jump larger....

It's better to make a higher jump now than later. The higher the weight and the higher the jumps, the more chance to fail.

starting strength coach development program
    makes sense.