starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coach in the DC/NOVA area?

Default Coach in the DC/NOVA area?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'm a total novice looking for a trainer/coach in the DC area.

I did SS for a few weeks several months ago (and *loved* it), but I was kicked out of my gym. Tried Crossfit during the fall but hated all the running.

Thanks!
    Jen

There's a great gym in Rockville that I go to for coaching. I'd love to train there all the time, but it's too much of a headache dealing with beltway traffic trying to get there from Arlington on weekday evenings. The place is Supreme Sports Performance and Traininghttp://www.supremesportspt.com/. I just started getting coaching from the owner Matt Gary and I'm loving it. The place is great and laid out for serious trainers. Matt's wife, and the co-owner, Souix-z, is a world & national champion powerlifter. I highly recommend contacting them for coaching and making it your gym if you can manage it.

JJ

Jen,

Not sure where you did Crossfit in DC, but the guy who runs Primal Fitness (Jessie) is an o-lifter and does coach. There are some folks there which do a hybrid performance menu/crossfit thing and he's pretty good about helping people out with their lifts when they need it, and I think he does private sessions as well.

Oh, and they also let you buy a punch card membership, which works out nicely if you want to go sporadically. One of the downsides of the gym is they can run low on equipment if they are using a lot of barbells for the WOD that day, but it hasn't been too terrible.

Looks like they do personal training at $75/hour. Also, here is a WOD archive if you still have leanings towards CF.

http://primal-fitness.com/index.php?...id=6&Itemid=37

Am I the only one that is curious why he was kicked out of his gym?

I assume "Jen" is a she, which makes me even more curious as to why she got kicked out.

Quote Originally Posted by JCavin View Post
    Am I the only one that is curious why he was kicked out of his gym?
    A lot of gyms forbid chalk and don't allow dropping weights, which can be very difficult for someone trying to weight train in any serious manner. Hell, I've been 'warned' at gyms with full lifting platforms and bumper plates, and when I go there I still have to 'sneak' the chalk. Pathetic.

Wow...

Makes me glad I switched to my current gym. My last one was located inside a senior center, lol.

Just can't see them letting me DL and use chalk for very long.

The unfortunate thing is that they had a power rack and my current gym doesn't.

Hi guys, also in Northern Virgina

starting strength coach development program
    1. Why were you kicked out?
    2. The comments in this thread about hiding chalk and DLs only reinforces the home gym thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast