starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tweaking Diet

Default Tweaking Diet

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So i've been doing pretty well on my linear progression so far.

I've been drinking GOMAD and peanut butter sandwiches like crazy and I weighed in at 219 pounds last night. I'm up from 178 on October 3rd.

The problem is that my gut is getting big. Normally I wouldn't care. But, it is making my work uniform(jailer) fit much too snugly in the stomach. Again, normally this wouldn't be a problem since I don't really care, but my bosses aren't approving any uniform replacements for the next month or so.

I'm looking for a way to keep my linear progression going and at the same time shrink the ol' gut. If I can keep getting stronger but lose a few pounds i'd be fine with it. As long as my bosses quit hounding me about my uniforms.

Would it be okay to just cut the GOMAD down to a half gallon?

I just want to add that I have been following correctly.

It isn't that i'm getting too fat, it's just that getting a work uniform isn't going to happen for probably another month, at the least.

I've gotten "fuckin' huge" according to most of my coworkers, but you can also tell that I have some pudginess going on.

Just wanted to make sure you guys know that i'm doing the program and not just sitting around like Msingh.

Quote Originally Posted by jcavin View Post
    just wanted to make sure you guys know that i'm doing the program and not just sitting around like msingh.
    lol

But seriously, though I am on the opposite end of the spectrum. I have to loose weight, but I have been able to make and keeps strength gains...no GOMAD at all for me, just alot of meat fruit and veggies. Oh yeah, no peanut butter for me either.

you might also consider taking a week or two to cut weight ala Lyle McDonald or something similar...

Lyle McDonald - Bodyrecomposition

after two weeks you could pick back up with linear progression. It could buy you some time until you can get a bigger uniform.

I am your height at 260 and started at 205, so I feel you on going through clothes. I kinda went crazy on the eating thing, but the lifts went up well.

Thanks guys!

Drink your milk and eat lots of meat! Ease off on the carbs til your uniforms come in! Forget peanut butter sandwiches for a little while.

yeah, I'd just drop some carbs.

The peanut butter sandwiches are about the only carbs I eat...

I have eggs and bacon for breakfast.
    GOMAD
    Ground beef for lunch
    For dinner it is usually just more meat with veggies.

I'm gonna cut down my milk consumption for now and add some tuna in its place. I'll try and focus on no carbs at all since i'm barely eating any at the moment.

starting strength coach development program
    I suspect that the 'gut' is due in large part to the bloating which is common with GOMAD and high carb diets. When I was eating everything in sight plus GOMAD I had bad bloat as well, all the time. A few days off of the heavy eating solved it for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast