starting strength gym

Thread: Form Check - Squat

Default Form Check - Squat

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15Mlti_7jG0

Go to 0:20 sec directly to see my 225 x 5 rep squat.
    Please critique my form.

Windows movie maker doesnt recognise mp4 format. Any ideas as to what codec i can download without getting hit by viruses?

Thanks

These are good squats. Depth is fine. Back is set. Eyes appear to be gazing at the right position in front of you with the head/neck kept in neutral alignment.

Question: are you wearing sneakers in that vid, by chance? Can't see your feet and I see some "flux" in your body on the way up and down that might indicate squishy sneakers.

-Stacey

Looks great to me. Depth seems fine. Head down. Knees out early. Bar path straight up and down.

Edit: I guess stacey beat me to it

hey wow!

Thanks guys, for the super fast review. I was hoping to get you guys to take a look. I have put money down for the SSS in Redmond, March 12-14 so trying real hard not to look like an idiot there! Hopefully, my numbers will be decent enough by then.

Really appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by metermanja View Post
    hey wow!

Thanks guys, for the super fast review. I was hoping to get you guys to take a look. I have put money down for the SSS in Redmond, March 12-14 so trying real hard not to look like an idiot there! Hopefully, my numbers will be decent enough by then.

Really appreciated.
    Don't worry about your numbers; if the new seminars are anything like Rip's old one, "beginners" as well as "seasoned vets" will have plenty to learn and should not feel out of place. Take lots of notes and ask plenty of questions.

-s.

starting strength coach development program
    Stacey,
    I actually am wearing Rogue Do-wins. They have aided my squat form quite a bit.

The squishiness in my shin is probably because I have a tendency to move the right heel at the very top of the squat. Dont know why i do it, but now that i recognise it, i am trying to consciously fix it. It might have something to do with my old practice of squatting with toes pointed forward. Thanks for that comment.