starting strength gym
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rip's 1/2" heel height shoes are here!

Default Rip's 1/2" heel height shoes are here!

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

Is the lower heal preferred simply so one can still deadlift in them?

Would squatting and OLing be better with the slightly higher heal?

Thanks, I'm putting in my order now!

Sami, I think these are designed to be worn throughout the entire workout. If you want a non-compressible heal that isn't overly high then these should be the ticket.

The order form says order true to size so hopefully they will fit when I get them. I'll put a review of my initial impressions once they get here.
    Last edited by IWillLiveFreeOrDie; 01-07-2010 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Reply to Sami

Quote Originally Posted by Sami View Post
    Is the lower heal preferred simply so one can still deadlift in them?

Would squatting and OLing be better with the slightly higher heal?
    I second these questions. I hardly have enough money to buy ONE pair of shoes; two would put me out on the streets.

The heel height is lower as its an all around shoe. Rip has posted a lot about these and I can't really duplicate his arguments; try searching his Q&A. My basic understanding is that the lower heel helps to stay in a good position for deadlifts yes, but also that a higher heel isn't necessarily warranted for low bar squats. The 1/2" height is the 'ideal balance' between quad-dominant and posterior-chain-dominant. Again, Rip says it better than I do.

If you already have a good pair of shoes I wouldn't worry about it (mainly because of the cost). I don't have any weightlifting shoes, so I ordered a pair of these. I had been using wrestling shoes.

Yeah, elVarouza I have been lifting barefoot for the last year so finally having shoes will be nice!

I wear a size 13 pair of Chuck Taylors. The highest these shoes go is 12.5. Can I get away with that?

I wear size 13 sneakers but I ordered the 12.5s. I think I have an extra .5" in my sneakers. They'll allow you to send them back and they'll ship you new ones if they don't fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue page on facebook
    They fit pretty true to size, this is the first run so based on demand we may order all the sizes not on the drop down.

If they don't fit just send them back and we will ship you a new pair for free.
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#/p...0044459?ref=ts

How long do they usually take to arrive? I'll be moving back to the university in 10 days, so I'm having them shipped there.
    Last edited by Mr.City; 01-07-2010 at 12:48 PM. Reason: I can't type

starting strength coach development program
    Depends where you are I guess. They ship from OH I believe, and they ship within 24hrs. I'm in NY, so I'm guessing I'll get them Saturday if I'm lucky or more reasonably Monday or Tuesday.

Edit: looks like the 12.5s might've sold out; they have ETA of 4 weeks on them now.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast