starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: APT Belts?

Default APT Belts?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Anyone have any experience with APT belts? Their prices are great, but wondering if that is reflected in the quality of the product. Looking at the suede 4"x10mm in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sousa View Post
    Anyone have any experience with APT belts? Their prices are great, but wondering if that is reflected in the quality of the product. Looking at the suede 4"x10mm in particular.
    Dip belt?

Sorry, training belt, primarily for squats.

Here is a link: http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/14713
    Last edited by Paul Sousa; 01-08-2010 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Added link

People might shit on me for saying this, but for most of us, a four inch belt is a four inch belt. Whichever brand, style, thickness....It's what you like and get used too. Inzer, apt ,ader, and lots of others..... none of them are junk.JMO

Thanks ZKP. I definitely don't need anything crazy or top end. As long as the APT belt isn't junk then I am sold.

I agree with ZKP. Though you should look at the latching mechanism. 2 prong may not be too difficult to do/undo, single prong is easier, and lever easiest still (though expensive).

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sousa View Post
    Thanks ZKP. I definitely don't need anything crazy or top end. As long as the APT belt isn't junk then I am sold.
    Is it a single ply or double ply? Double ply will be hard as rock when you get it, and putting it on/off will be really hard before break in. After about 2-3 weeks of constant use it will break in pretty easy. That belt is the same dimensions as my High end cardillo belt which i absolutely love, though mind may be marginally thicker (13mm maybe) and is double ply.

They make great products and stand behind them with great service. I have a set of wrist wraps, knee sleeves, and a dipping belt from them. All products are of great quality and haven't given me any issues.

I just got an ATP belt in the mail today, its the winter camo one. Everything looked good untill I opened the bag and one of the rivets fell out. Not exactly there fault as it looks like it came from the manufacturer wrapped and they didn't open it up to check the rivets. I wouden't expect them to unweap every belt they get in a shipment to check the rivets. I e-mailed them this afternoon and I'm waiting for a responce.

I also got some knee sleeves and they are very nice, and I got a free pair of 12" wrist wraps and they are quite nice as well.

Thanks everyone. I didn't even notice the double prong on the one I linked. I'd be looking for single prong based on most people's recommendations for ease of taking on/off. Most likely this one: http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/184030

mr handy, would you mind letting me know how they resolve your issue? Customer service is a huge deal for me, and if a place has great customer service it pretty much sells me on them and vice versa. If they don't resolve it quickly and easily for you I'd be willing to spend more to go elsewhere.

starting strength coach development program
    I have the red/white/blue double prong belt.

I like it, but would definitely get a single prong if I had to do it over again. I don't know how it compares to other belts, but I've no complaints.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast