starting strength gym

Thread: My "Properly Fitted" Inzer Blast Shirt

Default My "Properly Fitted" Inzer Blast Shirt

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    My Inzer Blast arrived today!

Okay, first off: I ordered a 52 which was one size up from the recommended size I was at the time I put in the order. Well, I've gained over 10 lbs since then (but I don't have a tailor's tape measure here). I'm sure I didn't actually go up a whole size, but I am a little fuller through the pecs and particularly through the lats.

I needed the help of my family members to get the shirt on and off the first time. But just now I was able to put the shirt on by myself by sliding the sleeves up first, shoving my head (a little painfully) through the hole and then rolling the rest of the shirt down past my lats.

Was unable to draw my arms into the bottom of the bench position and the shirt nearly laid waste to my armpits when I tried.

Nearly panicked when I tried to get the shirt off. I was by myself and for a second I thought I was going to have to wake someone up for help. But I was able to use my right hand over and behind my back to start rolling up the corner of the shirt beneath my left lat. Then I sort of kept doing that across my back and continued with my left hand halfway through till I pulled up the corner underneath my right lat. At that point I had enough shirt rolled up my back to get a firm grip with both hands to pull the whole thing mostly off.

If I had it to do over again, I'd get a much bigger shirt, something like a 60+. I was trying to be cheap by getting the Inzer, but the Titan Fury and F6 both have stretchy backs and I was warned by more experienced lifters that those shirts would be much easier to get on and off. Those shirts are also more than twice as much money, however.

For my purposes (shoulder protection in training), the Rehband shirt would probably be the best bet, just like the Rehband knees sleeves and Rehband compression shorts suit my purposes for joint warmth and compression in the squat. But the Rehband shirt costs three times what this Blast shirt does.

I was going to cut the shirt from the bottom to midback, but it seems I won't have to do that. I'm able to get the shirt on and off in under a minute now. My main concern is how ungodly hard the shirt is on my lats in the armpit area.

Not really planning on doing any heavy benching yet and I don't want to introduce the shirt into training just now. But I will try it for at least a set very soon, possibly tomorrow. I really want to wait till an experienced lifter is in the gym to give me a hand and some pointers. Will report back later.

Sounds like benching is going to be a blast.

http://www.reactivetrainingsystems.c...-solo-training

At the bottom there are a bunch of youtube links that show you how to get a bench shirt on solo.