starting strength gym

Thread: Exterior Influence on my Training Schedule

Default Exterior Influence on my Training Schedule

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey guys,

So I'm doing the SS program, drinking my milk and eating a ton. I've got a couple other activities though, that could impact my training. I've got rugby practice twice a week, Tues/Thurs, which involves a lot of running. Then, at least once a week, I've got Air Force PT. I typically would go to PT on Fridays after my SS session, which doesn't involve as much running/cardio work etc. Do ya'll think this schedule will have a hugely negative impact on my training?
    Thanks!

any way of getting out of PT? I've heard that suggested on this board before. Whatever you're doing under the bar is a lot more useful than PT

Oh yeah, trust me, if I could figure out a way of getting out of that shit, I would. With the way things are now, though, I don't know if my boss would go for it. Worth a try, I guess.

If I can't though, would it be recommended to cut back on leg work? Cause I honestly think I can just man up and keep progressing even with the extra work.

Sounds like you may be doing too many things. As our friend Rip has noted, the body has a finite capacity for recovery. This will probably have to be something that you figure out. If you cannot make progress on three days a week, try two. You may need to move to smaller jumps on the various lifts earlier, too.

Yeah, good point. I'll wait to cut down on progression till I stall, then go from there.