starting strength gym

Thread: Tore something. Me thinks its me groin.

Default Tore something. Me thinks its me groin.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    when doing squats, just after I hit parallel...well i think its a bit too low where my hammies almost hit my calves,i felt something tear between my ass between me left butt cheek and me left prune just as I rebound up using teh stretch reflex.

the pain feels like it just asks for attention though it doesn't really hurt(3/10 on the pain scale)., is this the groin area? anyone felt the same problem? how do i treat/stretch it, and should I continue adding 5 lbs next workout?

I've had something similar (I think). What are you doing for stretching, both pre and post workout? I found once I put a good warm-up/dynamic stretching routine in place for preworkout, and then did static stretching postworkout the pain stopped. I think it was due to tight adductors and instead of warming them up and getting them ready to squat, I would just jump right into squatting. The biggest difference I noticed was when I woudl do my first warmup set of squats with just the bar. Before I started stretching I couldn't hit parallel with an unloaded bar, since I've been stretching it's no problem.

i'd start out on the Starr protocol. and if it starts feeling better soon, then ramp up the weights quicker than the prescribed two weeks.

and like Sousa says, pay careful attention to your warmups. don't want to fuck around with torn adductors. need those babies for teh skwatz

the white part in the middle of the pic seems to hurt, those are the adductors ryt?

yessir

i think Rippetoe recommends cycling for 5 minutes and going to squats warm right away. I will have to re read PPST and pull a page number to be sure.

That is exactly what i do. Post workout, i do some static stretches. What about you guys.

I've had pain/tightness/discomfort in this very same area for about 6 months. The pain diminishes as I warm-up, so I haven't really paid it much mind, to be honest. Kinda hurts when I'm having sex, though--that's probably the worst of it.

I don't know, I'm not telling you to ignore it like I have, but certainly nothing catastrophic has happened as a result of it either, nothing to disrupt my training. Who knows, I may eat those words in the coming months if the damned thing decides to blow up.

-S.

starting strength coach development program
    Good article on efs.com today that coudl help.

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/hurts.htm