starting strength gym

Thread: Dip handles & plate holders for power rack?

Default Dip handles & plate holders for power rack?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Anybody know of a source for dip handles and plate holders that you can attach to a power rack besides New York Barbells? I ordered some from them 2 weeks ago and was just informed today that they are back ordered "at least" 2 months. Links to what im looking for below:

http://www.newyorkbarbells.tv/1020.html

http://www.newyorkbarbells.tv/1010.html

thanks

You could call PowerTec or any of the other power rack manufacturers, and see if you can order replacement dip bars.

Huh. I need some of these to weigh down my shitty power cage. Never knew they existed.

Quote Originally Posted by IWillLiveFreeOrDie View Post

Those are the only other handles i have been able to find as well, but they wont work. They would have to go in the front of the power rack which would be far too wide for dips. The NYBB style hang off the side of the rack (the handle is 90* to the bar that goes into the power rack hole on them).

Oh, I thought they went into the side. Yeah, there is no way I could dip with those if they went on the front.

Default Improvised dip bars

One improvisation I've used is to set the pins high, set a couple of barbells across them (maybe on towels to keep them from sliding), and dip on the barbells.

Improvised plate holders, on the other hand, are sometimes a bad idea.

Hate to bump this, but I contacted a metal fabrication guy near me to weld me some of these together plus a weight sled. Ended up being $180 for four of these plus a push/pull sled.

Put some feelers out on Craigslist.

starting strength coach development program
    I didn't end up finding another source, NYBB ended up shipping them to me after about 6 weeks instead of the 2.5+ months they quoted though.

I actually have a nice MIG and TIG welder and would have no problem making them myself, just didn't really feel like wasting time gathering the materials and making them for the price NYBB is selling them for. Also is nice to have the knurling on them.
    Last edited by chevyguy3; 02-21-2010 at 02:10 PM.