starting strength gym

Thread: Beef strategy

Default Beef strategy

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'm starting to experiment with the following method of consuming Enough Protein (tm):

Go get a few pounds of 90%+ lean ground beef. In my case, I got about 5.5 lbs from Sam's club for a decent price. Brown all the beef with some seasoning, drain, and put into plastic containers (about a pound of beef per container). Store in the freezer.

To prep: thaw, add about a cup to two of pasta sauce, and some carbs like rice or bread. Consume over the course of a day.

So far whenever I've tried eating a pound of browned ground beef on top of whatever other protein I get, it seems to have reduced my soreness immensely.

i have a similar Chicken Strategy. I grill 4 pounds, cut it into 200gram baggies, and store in the freezer. each day I get three bags of chicken for ~ 180 grams of protein.

And no I am not an Ab Fag. I am a Fat Fuck trying to cut fat for a few weeks so I can continue the mass gaining cycle without turning into a Bowling Ball.

When I get back on teh bulk, I think I will steal your Beef Strategy. I like it.

why did you get 90% fat free?

Quote Originally Posted by stronger View Post
    why did you get 90% fat free?
    That's a good question. I drain the beef thoroughly regardless since I prefer to get my fat from other sources (like tasty sauces to go along with the beef), and I wasn't sure how well I can drain something like 80/20. Any ideas?

If you are seeking very lean fat free meat ask for heart.

Heart is my favourite sort of offal. It is just lean pure dense muscle, it does not have a funny taste or texture like liver or kidney.

Plus where I am it costs like 75% less than meat from the legs or whatever.

Also a good strategy for convenient round the clock meat eating is jerky. You can make it yourself really easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Polynomial View Post
    That's a good question. I drain the beef thoroughly regardless since I prefer to get my fat from other sources (like tasty sauces to go along with the beef), and I wasn't sure how well I can drain something like 80/20. Any ideas?
    I'm not a fan of low fat beef, but if it works for you it that's all that matters

starting strength coach development program
    A post on 70sbig inspired me and I've been making lots of chili lately. Today, I bought 5.5 lbs of 85% lean beef for $7 (marked down because it had only 1 day left before the "sell by" date). I browned it and threw it in the crock pot with homemade chili powder, some fresh onion, garlic, tomato, cilantro, and jalapeno, and one New Belgium Fat Tire. Amazing stuff.