starting strength gym

Thread: never felt hammies before squat form check

Default never felt hammies before squat form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So i think i finally figured out what the problem was with my squat form, my floor. my floor has a slight grade and i noticed the carpet foam under pad is a squishy problem. this workout i decided to face downhill and a ton of problems with squat form that i was working on were reduced. now i think i have to becareful with weight shifting to toes and keeping my head looking down. they felt terrible while doing them but when i watched it back i was happy that i am getting closer to correct. my hamstrings and inner thigh are very sore. never felt this before. what you all think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=185xD53w55I

Those look good to me, man. Depth looks good, knees look good, back looks good. The only thing I could say, and this is pretty damn minor, is to make sure you look down, even when it gets difficult. I can't really see your head/neck that well, so this comment may be incorrect. Whatever the case, your squat form is solid.

These look solid, drecar. Congrats.

-Stacey

Dude is fucking built to squat. Looks like santa claus on venus williams legs.

I've had the same problem. It was mostly from being too upright when I squat.

What a relief! I dont mind getting injured just dont want it to be with poor form. I now feel more comfortable with a max exertion effort.

Sorry for having to show you my michelin man physique. at least i have good definition in my knees, lol.

Damn, those legs!

Default weak hamstrings changing back angle

starting strength coach development program
    i was reading in another thread where gary gibson states that the reason back angle changes coming out of the squat is due to weak or fatigued hamstrings. as you can see in later reps this happens to me but how do i correct for this? i know my current solution of looking up after looking down is not ideal.