starting strength gym

Thread: Messed up the Programming

Default Messed up the Programming

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I just started the SS program, the original program, and just completely misunderstood what was written (I went off the wiki, still looking to get a hold of the book, though that it would be workout A one week and then B the next, alternating that way) and ended up doing workout A for my first two workouts, and today will be my third one. I was wondering what I could do to fix it or even it up if that even matters? or if I should just start workout B today and then make sure to alternate from then on.

Have no knowledge in weights whatsoever, just started reading articles from this site and the wiki a couple hours every day since sunday so any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Do B today, then alternate.

Since today is Friday, you will have two days off to recover. What I would do in contrast to the guy above me is do B today, and then B on Monday, then alternate. That way you wouldn't have so many A workouts (deadlifts) in such a short period. As long as you eat, sleep, and drink your milk you should recover fine.
    Last edited by radiator41; 01-22-2010 at 01:11 PM.

Doesn't matter in the beginning. Just correct yourself and carry on with the program. In the beginning, you can take 20lb jumps, go consecutive days, eat nothing and stay up all night and still progress for a week or so (don't do that).

I'd do B then A and alternate as usual.

I think you're screwed. You'd better just quit now or you'll end up with cancer or something.

starting strength coach development program
    OH NOES CANCER?!? FIRREALZ?

Thanks for the help guys, I was actually overcomplicating things as I downloaded this logbook calculator from the SS wiki so for whatever reason it made me think that I had screwed up more than I actually had. Thanks again for the help