starting strength gym

Thread: Dessicated Liver?

Default Dessicated Liver?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I just got Bill Starr's book and noticed and interesting supplement recommendation.

Dessicated liver. It is rich in iron, B vitamins, folic acid, protein and suppossedly excellent for the strength athlete.

I have had a brief look on the net and cannot find much more info about it, but what I can find seems to suggest the same.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience of using it? Is it cheap enough to swallow 50 pills at a time?

Does it actually taste like meat?

Most importantly does it work?

I would just eat some real liver if I could bear the taste, but it makes me gag.

While I haven't gotten to 50 pills a day (more like 25 at a bw of 220), they are convenient. They are generally horse pills, so be warned. According to Starr and others, the best to find is the undefatted version.

They don't taste like meat. I find my recovery and energy are better when I take liver, if that is how you define "work". I hope this helps.

It was either from the Vertical Diet or somewhere in the Westin A Price Foundation world that I learned a trick for consuming liver for those who don’t like the taste. Cut it up in small pill sized chunks and put it in tin foil, raw and freeze it, then in the morning with your vitamins, swallow a few of these raw-frozen-liver-pills however many you need to get the amount you want. Swish them down with copious water and you’ll never taste it. If prepared in a sanitary way it is safe, I have personally done it with no issues, but I’ve learned to tolerate the taste so I just cook it and eat it. Beef and venison liver! Mmmmm!!