starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weight Fluctations

Default Weight Fluctations

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    They always surprise me. Today is a rest day. Haven't had much appetite so I've eaten very little and haven't drunk my milk. Down a little under 180 today. This morning I was 184. A couple nights ago I got up to 188 . Right now I'm 178.

At least I know I'll easily be able to come in under 182 on meet day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Gibson View Post
    They always surprise me. Today is a rest day. Haven't had much appetite so I've eaten very little and haven't drunk my milk. Down a little under 180 today. This morning I was 184. A couple nights ago I got up to 188 . Right now I'm 178.

At least I know I'll easily be able to come in under 182 on meet day.
    Gary, you're my hero. But you're beginning to sound like a woman.

I expect to hear you ask, Does this singlet make my ass look big?

Go lift something heavy or break a truck or something. Just stay away from the scale.

I just weigh myself every Monday morning so I don't have to think about fluctuations.

I'm always amazed at the 2 pound shits in the morning!

Quote Originally Posted by uncle buck View Post
    I just weigh myself every Monday morning so I don't have to think about fluctuations.
    saturdays for me. the work-week is the most reliable eating schedule for me, and if i do experience fluctuation it's either a bonus or only one dissapointing moment instead of a possible 7.

Not at all worried about how 10 lbs makes me look. Just amazed that I can lose that much water weight in a few hours.

You weigh yourself too often. Remember, anorexia's not the answer (I know, I know, you found the way of the gallon of milk).

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Gibson View Post
    Not at all worried about how 10 lbs makes me look. Just amazed that I can lose that much water weight in a few hours.
    Keep in mind that a gallon of whole milk weighs 8.6 lbs, and that when you're drinking that much liquid your body tends to hold on to some of it. I would venture a guess that someone doing GOMAD weighs about 2-5 lbs more than they would normally, due to water retention.

Quote Originally Posted by PVC View Post
    Keep in mind that a gallon of whole milk weighs 8.6 lbs, and that when you're drinking that much liquid your body tends to hold on to some of it. I would venture a guess that someone doing GOMAD weighs about 2-5 lbs more than they would normally, due to water retention.
    I sorta did forget how many pounds a gallon of milk weighs.

This is important for the sake of making weight and competing as heavy as possible. Most people would balk at the idea of drinking milk during a training session or just before and during a meet. Not this little black duck. I can stop eating the night before my next meet and come in comfortably under the 82.5 kg cap, then guzzle milk for the hours leading up to my squat and up until my bench. I could weigh in at 179-180 and actually compete at 185-187 and full of my favorite workout energy drink/ protein supplement.

starting strength coach development program
    When does the next 70's big article come out, Gary?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast