starting strength gym

Thread: Seminar Recap

Default Seminar Recap

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Well folks, the first Starting Strength Seminar is officially in the books. The weekend was a success due, in large part, to the great group of people who ventured out to see us. The owners of Team Melbourne Florida Weightlifting Club/Hc2 provided an outstanding venue and took very good care of their guests with snacks and beverages (all KINDS of beverages) all weekend long. They set the bar very high for gyms to follow and we’d like to go on the record as saying Thank You!
    The attendees varied widely from CF trainers to college students; military and law enforcement trainers; competing weightlifters and powerlifters; to your average joe who just wants to learn how to get strong. Many realized that by tweaking or completely overhauling their lifting technique, they are better equipped to train effectively and make significant gains in their strength program.
    We want to again thank Mike and Donna, JB and Cathy for providing an excellent gym with top notch equipment; thanks to all of you out there who took the weekend to come and learn more about Starting Strength, we appreciated all of your hard work. If you have comments aboot, or pics from the weekend, feel free to post them here.
    And to Joe and the rest of the Vikings fans…. I feel your pain.
    jp
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stef; 01-27-2010 at 02:19 PM.

Rip, Steph, Juli, Brian and Doug, Thank you again for providing some of the very best instruction and training available to the strength and conditioning world today! Having attended the previous and very excellent, basic barbell seminar, I was very impressed with the additional and in depth instruction, extensive practical application periods and hands on, expert coaching. The Programming segment along with the Q&A with Rip was worth the price of admission alone. It was again hilarious and enlightening listening to "the world according to Rip". Your "Starting Strength" crew is great fun to learn from and hang out with and you are welcome here in Melbourne anytime! Sorry again about the Vikings, Juli... but you would have won the bet, "don'cha NO!". See ya' next time!

Default Outstanding seminar

Guys, this is the best seminar I've ever seen. I appreciate the hard work you put into it. Rip's presentation and extremely compelling case for BB training, coupled with the step-by-step teaching methods takes the book to the next level. This seminar should be required for anyone that intends on teaching people how to lift weights, period. It soundly beats any personal training or strength coach certification in both lecture and hands-on training. Rip's methods will soon be the staple for teaching strength development here at the United States Military Academy.

Hope to see you guys again soon.

...great pictures, by the way...

Damon

Default Some pics

Here are a few pics from the Seminar in Melbourne, Fl Jan 22-24 2010

Ryan Long Guest

Default Best Instruction Ever

The Starting Strength Seminar was an incredible weekend. I knew this would be a great experience and my expectations were surpassed. Rip and his staff were extremely knowledgeable, entertaining, and professional. My technique as a lifter and my coaching/teaching ability improved dramatically, far more than I expected.

Just this year we began using Starting Strength as the primary text to teach strength development at the United States Military Academy, this seminar proved critical to our program's success. Because of Rip's book and seminar our cadets are going to graduate stronger and more prepared for their duties in the Army and in combat. We need to get Rip an audience with the TRADOC commander so he can convince the senior leaders in the Army that we all need to be stronger and get us away from this triathlete-soldier model that pervades our organization.

Thanks to Mike, JB, Donna, and Cathy for hosting this event. Your facility was tremendous and hospitality was generous.

Thanks Rip, Stef, Julie, Brian, and Doug, I hope to run into you all again.

Ryan Long
    Major, US Army
    Instructor - USMA Department of Physical Education
    Last edited by stef; 01-27-2010 at 02:19 PM. Reason: fix K/Cathy

It was a freakin' great weekend. Anyone who is even considering going to one of these needs to stop thinking about it and sign up.

If you THINK you know how to lift according to SS you still have much to learn and this is the place to do it.

Thanks to the hosts (and for ALWAYS providing coffee...), the coaches, and Rip!

Jon

starting strength coach development program
    Great weekend in an outstanding venue. A big "Thank you!" to the hosts and the coaches.