starting strength gym

Thread: Would this be healthy?

Default Would this be healthy?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'm considering eating 250g of peanut butter every day, in addition to 2-3 other meals and a half-gallon of whole milk. This is 1666 calories of peanut butter.

Why in the hell would you do that?

Lyle

Haha hey Lyle. I already do it many days, I guess because it's an easy way to get decent calories in? I am 6-foot-7 and weigh 235 lbs. so my caloric requirements are high. I should mention if it wasn't clear this is for weight/strength gain.

I just read that about a wrestler that ate 2 cans of tuna, jar of peanut butter and milk for every meal.

I also eat a lot of peanut butter but would grow tired of eating 250g every single day.

I have probably eaten that much as my all time max.

Also, certain nuts & legumes can have harmful effects in very large quantities. Youll probably be ok, but weird shit can happen.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/59m52p3x37020777/

Id eat a little less and put more focus on your real meals. Choose fatty cuts of meat. Eat rice etc.

Default Peanut butter!

http://www.amazon.com/Peanut-Butter-...5124865&sr=8-1

Ignore Holly's advice about caloric restriction, just read it for the easy delicious recipes.

www.parkersfarm.com/peanut.htm

Quote Originally Posted by WatsupHannity View Post
    I'm considering eating 250g of peanut butter every day, in addition to 2-3 other meals and a half-gallon of whole milk. This is 1666 calories of peanut butter.
    If you wanted to get more calories in, yes. I tried eating about that much every day, got bored and started putting it in shakes instead, roll on 2000kcal shakes

Quote Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
    Why in the hell would you do that?

Lyle
    See above...

To Hell with these HATERS! Never let anyone stand in the way of a delicious dream like your Peanut butter frenzy!

Talking

Recipes from Parkers' Farm:

Ultimate Sandwich

2 T butter, softened
    8 slices bread
    1/2 cup Parkers Farm Honey Roasted Peanut Butter
    1 large, ripe banana, sliced
    12 slices bacon, sauteed until crispy

Spread butter on 1 side of each slice of bread. On the other side of half o the bread slices, spread the peanut butter. Top 4 slices of bread with banana slices and the bacon. Top with remaining 4 slices of bread, butter side out. Place sandwiches on preheated grill pan or griddle. Flip them over when they become golden brown & crispy. When sandwiches are browned on both sides, remove to plates. Slice in half & serve immediately.

Honey Peanut Chicken

2 lbs. thawed chicken breasts or thighs
    1 cup Parkers Farm Honey Roasted Peanut Butter
    1/4 cup soy sauce
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1 tsp. curry powder

In Large Mixing bowl, combine the Parkers Farm Honey Roasted Peanut Butter, soy sauce, garlic & curry powder until blended. Throw chicken in crock pot. Add honey peanut butter mixture; stir to coat.

Rolled Oat Clusters (No Bake Cookies)

2 cup sugar
    1/2 cup milk
    1/2 cup butter
    4 T cocoa
    2 T vanilla
    Dash salt
    1 cup Parkers Farm Creamy Peanut Butter
    3 cup rolled oats (quick or regular)

Combine sugar, milk, butter & salt, in a heavy 3 quart pot. Stir. Bring to a full boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add vanilla & peanut butter. Stir until smooth. Add rolled oats, cocoa and salt. Mix well. Cool until mixture holds shape, slightly. Drop by teaspoon onto waxed paper, cool. YIELD: Approximately 4 dozen clusters

More here: http://www.parkersfarm.com/recipes.html

starting strength coach development program
    That amount of peanut butter alone is a whopping 36 grams of omega 6. You're setting yourself up to some major inflammation which would get in the way of recovery and possible cause tons of joint pain, not to mention heart disease, leptin resistance, etc.