starting strength gym

Thread: Eblow sleeves or wraps?

Default Eblow sleeves or wraps?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Ok, so I tried doing a search but couldn't find any good answers.

I'm looking to get some elbow sleeves or wraps for some extra support while squatting.

(I've been getting a lot of pain in my arms Due to inflexible shoulders/pecs. However, i've begun doing shoulder dislocates and door stretches. I'm also taking ibuprofen/fishoil to help with the inflammation).

Elbow sleeves or wraps would be nice for some added support, while I continue to stretch and work on my technique.

Any suggestions as to which brand, type? I appreciate any help anyone can offer. Thank you!

If you just want them for squatting I think the Inzer ones have the best design.

http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?P...EEVES_ELBOW_XT

I like the fact that they are adjustable. But they are a bit pricey!

I found these, they don't look too bad:

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=300&pid=3015

Are you getting your elbows up during the squat?

I was suffering from elbow strain/pain for ages but I realised my elbows were pointing at the ground.

Tilting them has made the most incredible difference. 100% more stable, 0 discomfort in elbows.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    Are you getting your elbows up during the squat?

I was suffering from elbow strain/pain for ages but I realised my elbows were pointing at the ground.

Tilting them has made the most incredible difference. 100% more stable, 0 discomfort in elbows.
    You know, I am pointing them up at the beginning of the squat. But since my shoulders are inflexible at the moment I use a wider grip, thus I have to make a conscious effort to keep my back tight (as opposed to bringing my arms in as close as reasonably possible).

It seems when I concentrate on one thing, another suffers. Keep the back tight, elbows loosen up and vice versa. this results in the bar not remaining stable on my back and putting a lot of pressure on my arms.

I'm currently working on my flexibility and doing what I can to keep the inflammation down. But as I progress with this portion, I thought having some support would prevent further inflammation/injury during my sessions.