starting strength gym
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Protien powders

Default Protien powders

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'm looking for a good tasting protein to mix with my milk everyday. GNC brands seem to taste like garbage, at least the vanilla and chocolate. Any suggestions for a brand or flavor that is actually enjoyable?

As far as Chocolate, the MGN (Muscle Gauge Nutrition) is the best tasting i have found by far. Much better than the Optimum Nutrition and several others i have tried. Coincidentally it also happens to be one of the cheaper brands too which is nice. Got 25lbs for $115 shipped on my last order.

I recommend just getting an unflavoured kind, and blending some frozen fruit, protein powder and milk. Tastes better than anything else out there.

Quote Originally Posted by chevyguy3 View Post
    As far as Chocolate, the MGN (Muscle Gauge Nutrition) is the best tasting i have found by far. Much better than the Optimum Nutrition and several others i have tried. Coincidentally it also happens to be one of the cheaper brands too which is nice. Got 25lbs for $115 shipped on my last order.
    Would you mind sharing where you purchase from?

I get mine from True Protein. They have quite a few products, but I buy the Whey Protein Concentrate, in the Premium French Vanilla flavor. I've tried several of their other flavors, but I like the premium ones the best. Cost is $5.64/lb. It actually gets cheaper if you buy in quantity, but so far I've been buying 6lbs at a time.

Brian

I have been happy with most of the chocolate and vanilla powders from Beverly. I also like Optimum Nutrition Natural 100% Whey Gold Standard chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by Benthic View Post
    I get mine from True Protein. They have quite a few products, but I buy the Whey Protein Concentrate, in the Premium French Vanilla flavor. I've tried several of their other flavors, but I like the premium ones the best. Cost is $5.64/lb. It actually gets cheaper if you buy in quantity, but so far I've been buying 6lbs at a time.

Brian
    I have to second the recommendation for trueprotein. Custom mixes and flavors, tons of options and everything I've gotten from them has been high quality.

I also second the recommendation for the premium flavors. My latest favorite post workout shake is the TEAMSKIP formula with the premium banana cream flavor.

www.proteinfactory.com is pretty good too. the 10lb bag for $41 is a good deal.

Optimum Nutrition chocolate basically tastes like nestle quick, pretty good.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by DoS View Post
    I have been happy with most of the chocolate and vanilla powders from Beverly. I also like Optimum Nutrition Natural 100% Whey Gold Standard chocolate.
    Mix the Optimum Chocolate with milk and peanut butter, and then tell me it doesn't taste like a liquid Butterfinger. Amazing.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast