starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite fish oil?

Default What's your favorite fish oil?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'm looking for a potent (high EPA/DHA) fish oil/Omega 3 supplement that doesn't cost an arm and/or leg and lasts some time. This supplement could get expensive given the amounts being recommended. I heard good things about T-Nation's Flamout some time ago, but when I did my own price/serving analysis comparing it some other high content fish oil supplements I found (after a rather cursory search for such products), it came in way last in that category. I still have this list (not at the home PC right now so I can't remember the brand) with one clear winner, but I was curious to hear what the consensus is around here.

Someone on the crossfit website actually came up with a spreadsheet comparing most brands of fish oil recently. I personally like the Sears fish oil. A little pricey, but I bought 4 bottles on sale last month, and that should last me most of the year.

You wouldn't happen to have a link to that would you? I don't frequent the Crossfit boards much.

Edit:

Thanks, found it!
    Last edited by tnumrych; 01-30-2010 at 04:43 PM.

This is what I take. Good concentrations of EPA/DHA and less pricey than the Sears stuff. http://www.vitacost.com/Carlson-The-...inest-Fish-Oil (WFS).

Oh yeah, and doesn't taste too bad either...

I use Animal Omega. It has 8 different fish oils in separate gel caps. No fish burps, and less than $20 per month.

I get the capsules from www.bulksupplementsdirect.co.uk and I heartily recommend my fellow UK folks do the same.

For those of you interested in the link to the fish oil comparison chart, here it is.

http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=50967

FWIW, my girlfriend had to work a conference on fish oil research at UCLA and the professor giving the lecture said that surprisingly, the Costco brand fish oil was the purest.

Although since then, they've added soy to the capsules.

At Walmart you can get 400 grams for ~$12. Pretty damn cheap. I take 10 caps a day.

starting strength coach development program
    Costco for pills
    Carlson's liquid from Vitacost

They did a consumer report analysis of a bunch of different brands. With 2 exceptions, all met label claims and none had contaminants. There is NO reason to buy anything but generic except to fill the pockets of the people selling them.

Lyle

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast