starting strength gym

Thread: Clean form check

Default Clean form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey guys i posted this in the Rip Q&A but he hasn't answered yet so I thought I'd get other opinions.

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMgbQXbv6zE

PS- you'll want to turn down the volume sorry about that.

a. I think you could start with your hips a bit lower but that is the least of your concerns

b. the major concern is this: your first movement is to shoot your ass straight up so that you're in an RDL/SLDL position; slow it down and watch what happens to your torso angle. It goes from angles to horizontal as you straighten your legs without the moving from the platform. Then you back lift the bar to about knee level and try to explode it up. That's not how you clean.

Rather, from the floor, the hips and shoulders should rise at the same speed (e.g. torso angle does not change) until the knees are close to straightening (th bar will be around knee level). At that point, you start to extend at the hip generating the double knee to scoop the bar into your lap and then explode.

Cool man, thanks for the reply. Once you said this it is blatantly obvious but I didn't see it upon my own examination. I referred back to SS and I think doing some work on lowering the bar correctly would help me realize that I need to extend the knees then hips. I have been just opening my hips right away ( I think) and bringing my ass up.
    Thanks for the reply. Hopefully I'll get this figured out.