starting strength gym

Thread: Programing without presses

Default Programing without presses

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So its been 5 weeks since I fractured my wrist and yesterday was the first workout Ive done since then. So I started with squats (low bar) with a straight palm (like it suppose to be) ofcourse, and there was no pain. Then I went for the bench press, and even with an empty bar the pain was pretty bad, so I tryed OHP and it was even worse. So I did some pullups (which was pretty manageable) and deadlift which didn't hurt at all.

The doc says it will be at least a month until it will heal completely (I am still young so chances are I am gonna be alright after a while).

In these case what can switch presses in a novice program so I could still progress on my squats and deadlifts without leaving my presses to much behind?

I was thinking about something like this:
    A
    Squats 5X3
    weighted Pullups 5X3
    Deadlift 5X1

B
    Squats 5X3
    Wieghted Dips 5X3
    Rows 5X3

I havnt tryed Dips yet or Rows so if you can give me substitute for them (PC is probably out of the question) Ill be glad, and in general tell me what you think.

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried wrist wraps, they might help in your ability to bench and ohp

None that are espcially for lifting I tryed ones that i bought at a pharmsutical store it only helped me to move my hand in a longer range of motion without pain but with wieght added it didn't really helped. Is there chance that a proffesional wrist wraps will help if those didnt or it doesn't worth the money?

Weighted dips are probably harder on the wrists than barbell pressing...

Good to know, so I wouldn't even try. can you suggest a replacment?
    Last edited by kabab; 02-03-2010 at 03:23 PM.