starting strength gym

Thread: rhabdo recovery issues

Default rhabdo recovery issues

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello,

There's not much info out on the net that I've been able to find and the doc's not too much help. My wife got rhabdo from a GHD crossfit workout about a month ago. She had significant swelling in her abdomen and her liver numbers were through the roof. She rehydrate enough that she pretty much saved her kidney but her recovery has really stalled. She tried some light lifting a week or so ago, like 40% of her old work sets, and swelled up again. I was wondering if you, or anyone else out there, had any experience with healing from this bastard and maybe had some advice I could pass on to her. She's getting restless.

Thanks,
    D

I'd think that after CrossFit nearly killed me, my first concern wouldn't be getting back into the gym for a repeat performance.

Quote Originally Posted by PMDL View Post
    I'd think that after CrossFit nearly killed me, my first concern wouldn't be getting back into the gym for a repeat performance.
    Don't be silly, Matt. "Broad time and modal domains" has simply been expanded to include "eternity" and "death."

Rhabdo is very nasty. Get your wife to a doctor. She will be able to train again, but I recommend against anything with a GHD or jumping pullups in it.