starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Becoming a non-pussy

Default Becoming a non-pussy

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    155 lbs (starting) 5'11" 18 year old male.

UNfortunately, not my first attempt at Starting Strength
    Fortunately, my first attempt while actually understanding the program.

Decided to finally sign up for the forum a week or so ago, just now posting this log for digital validation and feedback.

Updating this with my prior workouts when I have my training log in front of me. Till then, milk.

60 pounds in 6 months. Let's see it.

Quote Originally Posted by misspelledgeoff View Post
    60 pounds in 6 months. Let's see it.
    This.

And also, welcome! (you jerks)

Haha thanks for the warm welcome guys-
    60 pounds depends on how fast my weight gain slows but hell yeah I'll shoot for it!!

Once again left my log in the gym, but a recent update would include a squat reset from 185 to 135, now back up to 145.

Switched presses from 3x5 to 5x3 and hit a personal record of 105 which i was real proud of.

115 for power cleans which started great, got kinda shitty in the middle, but then ended strong.

I'll post my starting weights and all that jazz on monday after i lift.

eamon, you are skinny. Please eat. You shouldn't be resetting your squat this early if you are eating right.

And you shouldn't be resetting your squat nearly 30%.

Do you have the book(s)? Please get them and read them 3x each.

misspelt

My form was wrong geoff, however I believe I have remedied this problem. If i had a camera I would already have a video up... but no such luck.

I've added just shy of 20 lbs (you can still see abs... though usually thats because my stomach is so damn full haha)- I'm eating like a mutherfucker!

All of the books? While I dont have the STARVING part of the starving college student excuse... I think you get my meaning.

Monday's Workout:

Squats:
    3x5x155
    (Form was just still off. All the force seemed to be on the part of my quads where they connect to the knee. I have since taken a wider stance and consciously move my knees out, this seems to be working as my hamstrings are tight and sore for the first time in ages!)

Bench:
    2x5x145
    1x4x145
    I had this. Totally had it. Then i broke my concentration. Took a breath or something and boom. Trapped under the bar. FML. Ditched it off to one side and now I guess I'll just be doing it over again come friday.)

Deadlift:
    1x5x215
    Most I've deadlifted in a long time. Felt good though. Form is straight. 40 pounds shy of my PR. If I've finally nailed my fucking squats, then I'll blow by that in no time.

Wednesday 2/18/10

Squats:
    3x5x165
    Dicked around with my form after doing some reading. Think I finally got it down. My biggest problem seems to be respiratory. I cant fucking breath! In my third set I'm sure i had my form as close to perfect as I'd ever been... but i was completely winded and had trouble in that sense.

Press:
    1x3x110
    2x2x110
    2x3x105
    FUckin A is 110 heavy.

Cleans:
    3x5x125
    Heavy. Had trouble with every rep of every set past the first two of each. Like one and two would be perfect and explosive, but after that I struggled to 'flip the bar up' (for lack of a better explanation).

Oh yeah and I've been doing SS for a month now.
    Think I started January 18th.

I'll post starting weights next time i get on here cause I can't remember them, only that they were really low.

2/22/10
    Squats
    3x5x185
    These were easy. Just chilled out. Proper breathing. Back on track after nearly two weeks.

Press
    1x4x110
    1x3x110
    1x1x110
    1x3x105
    1x4x105
    Have I mentioned that 110 is fucking heavy?
    I dunno if this was the best way to approach my press. I was feeling SO good after my squats though, I thought I could hit 3x5x110. No such luck.

Power Cleans
    Nothing. I loaded 130 on the bar and could have muscled it up 3x5... But my form is no good. I was just asking for an injury. Re reading the book... any other suggestions on how I can learn this move?

starting strength coach development program
    Wednesday 2/24/10

Squats:
    3x5x195
    These got rough near the end but I completed all the reps. It will be good to finally break 200 with correct form.

Bench:
    2x5x150
    1x4x150
    So damn close. Will get it monday for sure. Still proud of this. Prossibly a PR for cincos.

Deadlift:
    1x5x135
    1x5x185
    1x5x235
    Good and heavy. 185 feels like just about as much a struggle as 235.

Still eating like a champ. Would post my weight but my scale is jacked up... Initially I was sure it was 10 pounds under, as it said 145 when I started. Now it says 170, so its safe to say I've gained 25 pounds of mass. Not exactly sure what my bodyweight is however.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast