starting strength gym

Thread: Sweat Rash - treatment?

Default Sweat Rash - treatment?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Ok so i woke up today with 2 red patches on either side around where my bottom ribs are, and a bit on my lower back. It's gotten worse (really dam itchy and red) and i'm quite certain it's probably sweat rashes. It's gettign really hot again in australia and I workout at home without aircon so i'm sweating like hell. After i finish my workout my shirt is literally 100% soaked. Has anyone had the same, and how did you guys treat/cure it?

I'm thinking of going to see the doctor but yeah any advice for me.

If it's just a heat rash, then use some bag balm, vaseline, aquaphor, or some other ointment type barrier to reduce/eliminate the friction of your shirt rubbing. Keep these things off of the bar, weights, and your hands once you're ready to lift though.

Yeah went to see the doc and got prescribed advantan ointment. It's got methylprednisolone aceponate. Supposedly some cortisone stuff - anti-inflammatory. But dam it's itchy

Quote Originally Posted by confuzzl3don3 View Post
    Yeah went to see the doc and got prescribed advantan ointment. It's got methylprednisolone aceponate. Supposedly some cortisone stuff - anti-inflammatory. But dam it's itchy
    A topical steroid. The itch is probably from the formulation used to make the ointment. This should go away in a day or two if it's just a mild reaction.

Well i don't know if it's the lotion or the anti-histamine tablet, but it's paled a lot and mostly gone. Hopefully it will be gone for good soon.