starting strength gym

Thread: Tall guy's squats.

Default Tall guy's squats.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello all I am 19 years old and currently following the Starting Strength programm ( wish I started much younger).
    This is my second video after I saw the first one I fixed some things and started deloading right away.

What do you think?

My own analysis:

- Depth, might be abit high
    - I look up on the last rep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Giou1WzfKN8

Koalala, fairly nice squats. I'm fairly surprised that they're wasn't any knee slide forward at the bottom, since it seems like just about every video that gets posted here has a case of this.

The only problem I see is a failure to set the lower back in hard extension before the descent, then some substantial flexion occuring as you near the bottom then start back up.

Set your low back hard then keep that arch for the duration of the rep. There are a number of cues to address this in SS, so I'm not going to insult your intelligence by rattling them off here, unless you've tried them and none of them seem to work for you.

And no, you're depth is fine.

-Stacey

Are the high Adidas squat heals fucking up my squat abit or are they not an issue.

Some weight gain would help my squat aswell.

I have adidas shoes aswell but found it much harder to squat with them as they require a lot more strength from quads than I am accustomed to.

But they certainly do not "fuck up" the squat. Rip strongly recommends lifting shoes for squats & deadlifts.

Having a heel allows for a greater shin angle, and causes a heavier use of quads.

Quote Originally Posted by Koalala View Post
    Are the high Adidas squat heals fucking up my squat abit or are they not an issue.
    I didn't think Adidas heels were particularly high WRT to other shoes. Besides, that's really something for you to judge yourself, no?

The lower back rounding is the only major issue that I see. Arch it hard and you should be good to go.

Read the Active Hip 2.0 article. here: http://startingstrength.com/index.ph...directors_cut/

That is just about the only major thing for you to work on. That and gaining weight

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Callahan View Post
    Read the Active Hip 2.0 article. here: http://startingstrength.com/index.ph...directors_cut/

That is just about the only major thing for you to work on. That and gaining weight
    Am I missing something here? His knees are out like there supposed to be, as reflected in the toe and knee angle seen here, as well as the lack of knee slide forward. You can observe that, from the start, even before he starts his descent, he's not setting his low back rigidly, and then he pays the price further down as he approaches the bottom and flexion occurs. That, or he has a kinesthetic problem. Maybe I'm just missing the point, though.

-S.

Yeah lol I felt like a heavy weight with 195cm 96kg but on the video I look extremely skinny.
    Milk and meat inc.

starting strength coach development program
    I do have a problem with the ''chest up'' cue seems my brain understands this as lifting the chest up.