starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Local Info: Wichita Falls

Default Local Info: Wichita Falls

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Rip and friends,

Can you recommend any good places to eat and/or cheap places sleep for next weekend? Don't worry, I'm doing my own research, but I thought it'd be a good idea to check with you guys as well.

Thanks!

-Sean

Sean, try this:

http://www.texashotel.org/cities/Wic...FQQNDQodqAEPLw

The Days Inn and Baymont share parking lots and have a nice grocery store right around the corner. They're also just a few short minutes to the gym. There's tons of food options around there and the gym, we won't let you go broke trying to stay fed

Also, Saturday night will be The Branding Iron...bbq that makes dealing with the TSA and flying down worthy in itself.

Hope this helps.
    jp

WF is a small town. Anywhere you stay will be plenty close. If you have to stop for more than one traffic light or any stop signs (don't stop!) on your way between the hotel and the gym you should be mad.

Your best bet for eating before you get actual on the ground intel is the Branding Iron (bbq), Ronnie's Burgers (1/4 # up to 2.25#), United Market Street (fried chicken, good salad bar, lots of other food and groceries if you want them) and Braum's (milk).

s.

What about Whataburger?

Ronnie's 1 x 10^6 > Whataburger.

There are four local burger places: Ronnie's, Gene's, Pat's, and Scott's. This means that you should avoid Whataburger at all costs, especially since it gave a gym member food poison.

More than that, Justin. You forgot the Glass Kitchen. They're close to Ronnie's in performance.

What is the water temperature at the Falls in Wichita Falls? Seems like it would be fun to go for a swim. Are there any pictures available?

:-)

-Bowdirk

The "falls" aren't real or the original falls. And you wouldn't want to swim there even if they'd let you.

starting strength coach development program
    Any suggestions on which airport to use in the WF area? At this point I was guessing that I might just drive in from Dallas/Fort Worth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast