starting strength gym

Thread: Elbow injury question

Default Elbow injury question

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    What would be the best barbell exercise for me to rehab my elbow injury. I tripped over the forks on the forklift in the warehouse and caught my fall with my right arm. Got x-rays, and nothing broke. Seriously painful strain. Rt wrist and Rt elbow hurt. I'm wanting to do the Starr rehab and was thinking that press would be my best choice. Should I do this exclusively or bench press as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    What would be the best barbell exercise for me to rehab my elbow injury. I tripped over the forks on the forklift in the warehouse and caught my fall with my right arm. Got x-rays, and nothing broke. Seriously painful strain. Rt wrist and Rt elbow hurt. I'm wanting to do the Starr rehab and was thinking that press would be my best choice. Should I do this exclusively or bench press as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    I recovered from a ligament tear in my elbow using the following methodology.

1. Do daily grip strengthening and forearm work.
    2. Every other day, do high rep bodyweight work. Stuff like pushups, bear crawls, crab walks. Wall kicks. You want to introduce instability to prompt the elbow to heal. One-armed band thrusters were especially helpful.
    3. After two or three weeks of the above, you can start to bring back your bigger lifts.

Go at the right pace. The elbow should hurt, but the pain shouldn't be getting worse. If it gets worse, back off.