starting strength gym
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How would you rehab from an injured glute?

Default How would you rehab from an injured glute?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Any there any particular stretches or exercises that can be done?

Squeeze it

Depending on the injury, perhaps the Starr rehab protocol? Exrx has some ideas for glute exercises:
    http://exrx.net/Lists/ExList/HipsWt.html#anchor169231

I'm not sure starr rehab is appropriate since i've had this problem for a long time now (around june last year). To give more info, even walking around can be difficult and awkard at times. if i lie on the ground and try to raise my left leg up it will get progressively tender and unbearable. Squatting seems to have made it feel better but I know once it gets heavy it will have the opposite effect.

Quote Originally Posted by msingh View Post
    I'm not sure starr rehab is appropriate since i've had this problem for a long time now (around june last year). To give more info, even walking around can be difficult and awkard at times. if i lie on the ground and try to raise my left leg up it will get progressively tender and unbearable. Squatting seems to have made it feel better but I know once it gets heavy it will have the opposite effect.
    So...knowing that squatting helps it feel better, and seeing what the Starr rehab model entails...why would you presume it to be inappropriate?

I think you're suggesting doing starr rehab with squats. That's crazy enough to work. Also i think i need to invest in a glute/ham bench thing. SS without back extensions is probably a bad thing, I should have coughed up for one ages ago.

what do you guys thing of this http://myfitnesshut.blogspot.com/200...es-part-3.html

The reason i never bothered with starr rehab was because I asked rip about it and he said just keep training through it
    Last edited by msingh; 02-24-2010 at 11:11 PM. Reason: added the link

How on earth did you injure a glute?

I originally injured it squatting (and maybe deadlifting) with bad form with too large jumps. Then it got better, or at least it didnt seem to bother me. But the way i fucked it up recently towards the end of last year was playing basketball at my bodyweight of 111kg, which I had no business doing. That aggravated the shit out of it and i've had a problem with it since then.

Man, basketball continues to beat the shit out of you.

starting strength coach development program
    I know! I pay for it the next day when I can barely get out of bed because of how sore my glute is, and that's one thing, but it leads to a whole host of lowerback problems which I only recently realised is probably related to the injured glute. So i'm keen to sort out the injury and make it much stronger. Thing is looking at the prices for a GHR, it's outside my budget. Gah.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast