starting strength gym

Thread: 220lbs form check!

Default 220lbs form check!

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi guys, today i hit the 220lbs mark!
    Please check my form please, before i increase weight. At the last reps, i can see slight change, no good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy4atUADY4E

Thank you!
    Tam

The camera angle is doing you no favour, but my impression is that you maybe should go a bit deeper. You are clearly handling the weight with good authority and control, but I think you never really break parallel in a proper, evident way.
    Then again, maybe it's the camera angle.

OT: are the safeties set at different height ?

IPB

Tam, you are a bit high. Also you are so slow in the eccentric that you are not getting any bounce out of the bottom.

I might try speeding it up about 6 inches before the bottom, and get down there to feel a good stretch in the hams, adductors and ass. The explode off of that stretch with hip drive out of the bottom.

You have great thoracic and lumbar extension. Dont' lose that to get your depth. Just speed it up a tad near the bottom to get your stretch reflex.

Good work.

Hey! thanks for the crits. It is very hard to get in vertical path once the weight gets heavy. Not sure to deload to work on form again or is it good to go, while continue fixing it?

Thanks again!

Looking at the video, the weight doesn't seem that heavy for you. I would continue while fixing it.

People have already pointed out that the squats are too high, that is the main issue.

But it also seems you are trying to "sit back" excessively keeping weight on the heels.

starting strength coach development program
    hi back again with more depth. I think i have a little bit back rounding at the bottom. Some how i cant keep the same back angle as i go lower it seem to change a bit, feel like the weight goes to the toes, as i drive up, im back on the heels again, is it normal?

Heres the video again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW7ClqdjkwI

thank you