starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which supplements are actually supported by science?

Default Which supplements are actually supported by science?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Three researchers scoured over 1500 studies found at PubMed to put together this image that represents how much scientific evidence supplements have supporting them, and their popularity. The results are interesting, and since we all like science here, I thought you all would be interested in seeing it.

Here's some more background about the image.

Very cool. Thanks for posting.

Very interesting. I was not aware that creatine was thought to have benefits for cognition.

Quote Originally Posted by Platus View Post
    Very interesting. I was not aware that creatine was thought to have benefits for cognition.
    apparently elderly and vegetarian hippies score better on intelligence tests when taking creatine.

Yeah, google scholar mostly turned up abstracts for studies on the elderly.

I didn't see caffeine on there, did I miss it?

Omega 3 and Green Tea unsurprisingly high on the list.

Default Vitamin D

And don't forget your vitamin D, kids. One, it's anabolic. Two, everyone living in North America (especially those of us who primarily work indoors) don't produce enough vitamin D from sun exposure. Vitamin D is crucial to the function of every organ and every cell in your body. I take 10 g (10,000 mg) per day, and that's barely enough according to my most recent blood test. I will be moving to 15,000 mg (15g) per day. Get your vitamin D checked during your next physical and adjust your intake accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyfirth View Post
    And don't forget your vitamin D, kids. One, it's anabolic. Two, everyone living in North America (especially those of us who primarily work indoors) don't produce enough vitamin D from sun exposure. Vitamin D is crucial to the function of every organ and every cell in your body. I take 10 g (10,000 mg) per day, and that's barely enough according to my most recent blood test. I will be moving to 15,000 mg (15g) per day. Get your vitamin D checked during your next physical and adjust your intake accordingly.
    I think you mean IU? Or mcg.

starting strength coach development program
    Vit D and Omega-3/Fish Oil were no surprises to me. I didn't know much about green tea, and the probiotics was a surprise. I also didn't think folic acid was needed for women with a normal healthy diet, I thought it was more for very unhealthy women that are malnourished and deficient in everything. I suppose for such a small effort, it's a HUGE benefit. Spina Bifida is not a good condition to have.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast