starting strength gym

Thread: Power Clean form check

Default Power Clean form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Looking for feedback on my power clean. These are the 4th and 5th sets of three in my work sets, and are at 187.5lbs. Sorry the top of my shoulders are cut off in the video, but I figured the middle part of the pull was most important. For reference, I'm 6'8" tall, and weigh about 240lbs.

(Also, sorry in advance for the white legs and tall socks--I promise I'm not trying to bring back the '70s in any way, shape, or form...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQegoUVz188
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1zlt1Gb-Lg

To me, it looks like I'm hitting my second pull a little low on the thigh and sending the bar out in front, which I end up jumping forward slightly to compensate for. However, I'd be most thankful for any additional, (much) more experienced input.

Thanks in advance!

Your cleans look pretty good to me. You slow down slightly at the jumping point, but aside from that you seem to have a solid grasp of what needs to happen. Brush the thighs with the barbell and explode. All else seems solid.

6'8" is tall, man. I imagine flying is a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    Your cleans look pretty good to me. You slow down slightly at the jumping point, but aside from that you seem to have a solid grasp of what needs to happen. Brush the thighs with the barbell and explode. All else seems solid.

6'8" is tall, man. I imagine flying is a bitch.
    Thanks for the feedback. Now that you mention it, I see what you're talking about. Apparently I'm concentrating finding that perfect jump point a little too much.

Yes, flying is quite the experience. I recently had to make a couple 4 hour-plus flights, and really did not enjoy it all that much. Hope I don't have to do that again for a while...