starting strength gym

Thread: Another Lopsided Ass Question

Default Another Lopsided Ass Question

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I broke my right femur about 8 years ago. My squat is very left-dominant. My left butt cheek is at least an inch below my right butt cheek at the bottom of a squat. I've tried pushing my right knee out for 8 workouts now, but its still lopsided. That is, dropped weight and focused solely on pushing out my knee. Do I just keep pushing out my knee and hope for the best? I have started to push my right butt cheek down; in other words, shifting my pelvis down to the right. I am starting to get kinda pissed about this. Nothing is working. Any ideas?

Dammit. Ok I'll kick things off. Try box squats dipshit!
    I'm a member of the Bulldog Nation, I know some of the guys from 70s Big are from Georgia, Statesboro I believe. We're practically neighbors. Help me out please!!
    (or is there some introduction that I need to make before anyone answers anything?)

Two quick questions, When you broke your femur did you suffer any nuerological damage that you are aware of? The second question; do you have a leg length discrepency?

Jerry Shreck
    www.varietytrainer.com
    www.bestfitnessproductreview.com

When you say "neurological damage" what do you mean? If you are calling me stupid, you're probably right. But I didn't have any brain trauma, if that's what you mean. And I've measured to see if my right femur is longer or shorter than my left, but I can't find any measurable difference. My doctor couldn't as well, but that was 7 years ago. Thanks so much for any input. I have read all the other threads I can find, and tried all the advice, but nothing seems to be working. Although, box squats might help. I started those today, we'll see. Thanks again jshreck!

Breaking the femur is not an easy bone to break and it is usually broken from big truama like a fall or a car accident. Anytime a bone is broken there is the potential for some neurological damage to occur at the site of injury especially if it is truamatic. Nerves may not fully heal and that might result in some muscle fibers not fully contracting properly. I am mearly giving you a small possible explanation to your situation.

Jerry Shreck
    www.varietytrainer.com
    www.bestfitnessproductreview.com

I see. You weren't calling me stupid! You are correct, I did break my femur in a car accident. I guess if nerves don't heal properly, then I'm fucked. Or, at least, I've just got to deal with a shitty squat. Right?

No not exactly, What you need to do is get a "good" evaluation from someone who knows nerves & muscle stimulation. If you have any nerve problems-I am sure they are minor, but you will have definitive muscular imbalances. If these imbalances can be identified then you can learn training techniques to counter balance these imbalances. So yes there is still hope for you. The problem will be finding the right individual-Some Athletic Trainers and Physical Therapists are good at doing this-but you will have to do your homework to locate them.

I'm too poor to get anything evaluated. Oh well. Thanks for the input.

Make a friend with someone respectful on one of those fields.

starting strength coach development program
    A video would be of some use to see what your squat actually looks like. It is possible that your injury will result in some sort of unbalance, but it is also possible that you can overcome it. Difficult to say without seeing you squat.

If it is not injuring you or otherwise causing you pain, there's no need to see a doctor. It is unlikely that there will be anything he can tell you.