starting strength gym

Thread: Squat/Bench/DL form check

Default Squat/Bench/DL form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzRjpYv0ETM

I made this video about 2.5 months into SS. I think my technique looks pretty good; the squat is mainly the one I'm concerned about - sometimes I get a buttwink when I hit the bottom. I'm hoping widening my stance will fix this (can't really find out at the moment b/c I'm in the middle of Starr rehab from a back injury). Does anyone else get the buttwink when squatting deep? How did you fix it? Also, does it look like my knees are going too far forward? (I don't want to die, haha). When A.C. (from 70s big) squats, it looks like his knees go pretty far forward, but maybe it's just the camera angle - http://vimeo.com/9791278

thanks

PS - If anyone wants to trade spotters with me, send me a PM and maybe we can work something out
    Last edited by BravoFox; 03-15-2010 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Also...

Bench and deadlift look pretty good. Your squat's all over the damn place.

You've got a nasty little case of letting the hamstrings go slack at the bottom of your squat. Your bar path is FUBAR, suggesting that your balance is shifting, as well.

-S.

Spotter's a winner, haha. Stacey nailed the form stuff - focusing hard on pushing the knees out at the bottom should help keep the knees from sliding and the hamstrings tight. Think about sitting between your legs more than sitting behind them. Visualize puttin your nuts on the ground between your feet. Your spotter can check 'em and make sure they track correctly.