starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I buy a new belt?

Default Should I buy a new belt?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I just started using a belt that I had lying around. Its one of those belts that is thicker in the back around the lumbar and also has cushioning along the back as well. I have heard that these belts are not the best to use as belts should be uniform all the way around.

Would it be worth it to purchase a new belt or is the increased performance/support only incremental?

I would go with a non-tampered belt. Inzer has some nice economy priced belts.

According to SS, a tapered belt doesn't really work well because we're trying to push off of the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.City View Post
    I would go with a non-tampered belt. Inzer has some nice economy priced belts.
    +1 .... I have a forever 10mm from Inzer, and it's very good quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    +1 .... I have a forever 10mm from Inzer, and it's very good quality.
    Yup. Super nice belt - especially the lever.

Thought Id bring this thread back instead of starting a new one..

Ive decided to pick up a 10mm inzer forever belt, still debating between the lever and the single prong.

My problem is Im confused with which size to get? What is the proper way to measure the right size of my waist and how does this relate to the size of belt I should get?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJanell View Post
    Would it be worth it to purchase a new belt or is the increased performance/support only incremental?
    Just to go back to what you posted a while ago: the difference between wearing a belt and not wearing a belt is huge. It really helps you stay tight.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJanell View Post
    Ive decided to pick up a 10mm inzer forever belt, still debating between the lever and the single prong.
    I've got the forever belt with the single prong and I'm loving it. Never tried the lever.

My problem is Im confused with which size to get? What is the proper way to measure the right size of my waist and how does this relate to the size of belt I should get?
    I believe your pant size works fine for this. I wear a size 34, I ordered a belt for a 33-35 inch waist, and it fits well.

Thanks PVC,

I was going to go with my pant size but its not very accurate for my waist size. From my thread in recovery - my glutes are proportionetely larger than my waist size. So the pants I wear is somewhat loose around my waist but tight a couple inches lower around my glutes.

I also dont understand why a belt can only fit 33-35.

Anyone have any other recommendations about whether I should go with the lever or single prong?

When I was researching buying a belt, it seemed that most people who had tried both preferred the lever belts. The biggest downside seems to be cost. If that is not an object, then go for a lever belt. As for sizing, you can always call the company and get help. Inzer and EFS seem to have good service from the responses I have read here.

starting strength coach development program
    According the site lever and single prong are the same price.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast